- UNDER CONSTRUCTION: Please keep in mind that we are still under construction. The roads
have not been final graveled or final graded. The same holds true with many of the driveways.
You are welcome to explore all of Featherstone by car or on foot. However, please be advised that
you do so at your own risk.
- SLIPPERY WHEN WET: Red clay is like ice when wet! DO NOT attempt to drive any vehicle,
even 4 wheel drives, on wet clay roads. Like climbing a tree...going up can be easy, it's the coming down
that can be a problem. Dry clay will drive just fine.
- ROADS AND THE DOT: The entire 1 mile lower loop road as well as much of the upper
ridge road (not yet open) have been constructed as close to N.C. Department of Transportation (D.O.T.)
as possible given our mountainous terrain. Officials from the D.O.T. have been consulted and
have been to the site. This was done at great expense, but stands to greatly benefit all future
homeowners. Here's why: the D.O.T. may accept and take over the maintenance of certain private roads
provided the road meets their specifications. However, if the road is not built to their specs, they WILL
NOT take it over - period. We have done our best to adhere to D.O.T. specs so that the homeowners at
Featherstone will have the ability to decide if they want to petition the D.O.T. for possible takeover.
If the D.O.T. accepts and takes over maintenance of the road, it will relieve homeowners of this burden,
thereby saving substantially on Homeowner Association dues, possible future paving, etc. In any event,
it sure makes for a nice wider and safer road. NOTE: The D.O.T. will be paving
Gibson Road (the main entrance road) from where the current Gibson Road pavement ends up to the tree
line beyond there the main road forks left.
- ONE WAY IN & ONE WAY OUT SECURITY: Featherstone is a large, 117 acre natural
wilderness cove. The roads within its boundary do not and will not connect to
any others, even if the D.O.T. should takeover somewhere down the road. This will provide excellent security
and privacy for the residents of Featherstone.
- VIEWS AND TREES: Our job as developers is to lay out the "master plan". We strive to locate
the best home sites 300-400 feet from each other and preserve maximum buffers for the privacy of each.
We could have logged the land and probably sold enough timber to pay for the roads. Instead, we
elected not to. We left ALL the trees so that the individual homeowner may decide how they wish to
preserve their land and open up the view of their choosing.
- DRIVEWAYS: All driveways have a small turnaround area at the end, so feel free to
venture down each. However, please respect the privacy of those parcels that are marked "sold" by not
entering their driveways or property. Unless otherwise noted, each parcel includes a private,
or semi private, graveled driveway to the house site areas.
- ASSISTANCE IN BUILDING YOUR DREAMS: Buying the land is often the easy part. Building the
home of your dreams can be another story. We are locals and have been involved in all aspects of building
homes here in the Franklin area. We have had experience with many local builders, sources, sub-contractors
and the like. We can offer in valuable assistance by becoming an "open book" from which you can tap anytime
you wish. It's all part of our service and best of all....IT'S FREE"
- 4.2 miles to Walmart
- 2.2 miles to Macon Middle School
- 3.6 miles to Franklin High School
- 1.0 miles to Highland Road
- 2.8 miles to Franklin City limits via Wells Grove Rd.
- Cell phone friendly throughout
- 5.6 miles to downtown and City Hall
- 3.5 miles to the 441 bypass
- 3.7 miles to U.S Post Office
- 5.4 miles to Angle Medical Center and Hospital
- Paved state road access into the community
- Heavily wooded - no logging, abundant wildlife, water and views